REAL LEARNING 4 REAL LIFE
CARMARTHENSHIRE YOUTH CONFERENCE 2018... Join us for Carmarthenshire’s Annual Youth Conference 2018: Exploring the information, knowledge and skills needed to prepare for our futures.
Open to all 14-23 year olds. This year we have planned and organised a Youth Conference looking at our priority issue of ‘Curriculum To Prepare Us For Life’. Young people have raised a Curriculum To Prepare Us For Life as an important issue as they feel they do not have the necessary information, knowledge and skills to live independently after education. Young people are saying that the education system needs to do a lot more to prepare us for life after school and college to help us grow up to become happy, healthy Adults.
DATE: Tuesday 13th November 2018
TIME: 9:30am - 2:30pm
VENUE: Parc y Scarlets, Llanelli
For the campaign to be as effective as possible we believe that it is important to get everyone involved and discuss the skills gap - from Parliament to playground, it is essential that everyone engages in the conversation and takes action on the campaign.
Some of the information, knowledge and skills that we think were missing include:
- CAREER ADVICE AND SUPPORT: Job Applications
- LEADERSHIP SKILLS: Communication, responsibility
- PROBLEM SOLVING: Data gathering, Analysing
- POLITICAL EDUCATION: How to vote, Who represents me
- CULTURAL AWARENESS EDUCATION: Cultural Competence
- FINANCE SKILLS EDUCATION: Paying Taxes, Budgeting, Loans
- CITIZENSHIP EDUCATION; Mutual respect, cooperation
- SEX AND RELATIONSHIP EDUCATION: Sexual education, relationship building
- SUSTAINABLE LIVING; Energy efficiency, protecting water
Follow the conversation on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram by following #LearningSirGâr